Five years ago, I almost quit.
I looked around, and wondered how some teachers were able to keep teaching, when I felt like I was completely burnt out after only 6 years of working.I didn’t know how they handled everything, when it seemed like all I wanted to do was come home and zone out on the couch.
At the time, I was struggling with not having anyone to look up to, and could not shake this feeling that ‘this was just how it is’. I felt trapped. I didn't know what I would do if I wasn't a teacher. It was who I was. It was all I was.
My wake up call came when I had an annual check-up with my regular doctor. I broke down crying and told her 'I was just stressed'. Long story short, she gently told me it wasn't healthy or okay to feel like this. I knew I needed to do something, for the sake of my mental health and relationships.
I know that for every person like myself who can figure out how to become inspired again, there are 5 more who are so burnt out, they throw in the towel. And you know what? THEY ARE GENUINELY GOOD TEACHERS. But they just couldn’t figure out how to get back their genius.
This course is for you if:
- you are a new teacher, and let's be honest, you have no idea what you're doing most days. (OK, fine. Not just new teachers!)
- You can feel the exhaustion set in as the day goes on, and as weeks turn into months.
- You might have muttered 'When do I get to retire?' under your breath recently.
- You are actually feeling pretty good about *most* things but are feeling burdened with everything else.
- You know it, your students know it, your partner and friends know it. You've lost that spark.
What you can Expect:
- While this is a self-paced course, it is broken up into 3 modules. Each module has a different focus starting with a focus on yourself, and then your relationships, and finally different ways to light your inner fire. You can choose to work within the weekly time frame, or work at your own pace. There is no rush.
- Each lesson has a variety of components, which might include audio, video, additional articles, handouts, etc.
- Challenges, community and engagement throughout!
"I tend to fly through life without thinking, so I definitely need to hear these practices and strategies to slow things down. Beth's expertise and passion for supporting educators shines through in everything she delivers and I love her mission behind TBTP! It's important for us teachers to support each other!"
- Miranda Colwell, Founder, The Teacher Tank
Hi, my name is Beth, and I have been teaching for 10+ years as a special education teacher in Wisconsin. I'm a yoga loving, dog obsessed, cheese lover who has probably watched every stabby-shooty crime show on TV. I've combined the very best research-based and easy to implement practices, along with my background in yoga training (yes, I'm actually a trained yoga teacher!) to bring you the best methods in teaching. My work has taken me all across Wisconsin speaking about blended learning models, giving students voice and choice, and democratic education.
Frequently Asked Questions
You owe it to yourself to be the best version of yourself you can be. i can't wait to hear how this course has transformed you!